She is voiced by Natsumi Murakami.
Yume has long, light blonde hair that frames her face in the front and curls at the sides and back. She typically wears a lilac plaid headband with a heart-shaped clip on the side.
Her school uniform consists of a white shirt with dark pink cuffs and four buttons, as well as a dark pink pleated skirt, white socks, dark brown shoes, and a red bowtie. As for her summer uniform, she wears a short-sleeved shirt with a light blue vest and a creamy-white skirt with a red stripe at the bottom.
Her pajamas consist of a pink frilly long-sleeved dress over pink knee-length pants with frilled trim. The cuffs have white lace and it also has white lace along the chest, as well as a white collar and a white button in front.
She was 12 at the beginning, and turned 13 in Episode 19.
Yume is a bright girl who is full of energy. She is also a bit of a clumsy scatterbrain, and she can be troublesome at times.
Kotoko Imai: Yume looks up to Kotoko and ends her name with "senpai". She also is a Dream Partner.
Asahi Minamikawa: Asahi is Yume's classmate and neighbour, as well as childhood friend.
Haruhito Sugiyama: Yume had a crush on Haruhito. In the later part of the story, she begins to support the relationship between him and Yuri.
Yuri Sawamura: At first, Yume felt complex at her close relationship with Haruhito. However, in the later part of the story, she begins to support the relationship between her and Haruhito.
Tokiwa Anzai: Tokiwa is Yume's classmate and friend who just transferred to her school. They are both Dream Partners.
Yume's father: Mr. Hinata is Yume's father. His interest on stones affects Yume, causing her to be quite knowledgeable on stones.
Haruna Hinata: Haruna is Yume's mother. As the mother of her, Haruna is kind and friendly to her.
Teacher Aoi: Aoi is Yume's class teacher.
Misaki Konno: Misaki is the leader of the cheerleading club, which Yume is belonged to.
Yui Aida: Yui practices cheerleading with Yume as a member of the cheerleading club. She is Yume's senior.
Nana Gotou: Nana is Yume's younger cousin.
- The name Yume means "dream, vision" (ゆめ).
- Yume's surname Hinata means "sunny place" (日向).
- Yume shares her name and surname with several characters from the Aikatsu! series.
- Yume seems to love the color pink as she owns a lot of pink belongings.
- Yume doesn't like tomatoes.
- Yume has a crush on someone from Junior High.
- In Episode 2 it is shown that Yume is a fan of manga Cheer Ciao.
- Yume is bad at Math as shown in Episode 9 and got a "Duck" (failed) grade in Math in the first semester as shown in Episode 15.
- In Episode 36 it revealed that her father gave her the name Yume in hopes that she would have wonderful dreams.